Napa Chamber Mission:
As the membership organization for business, we promote our community’s
economic vitality and quality of life through leadership development,
advocacy, facilitation and education.
Download the PDF HERE!
Five Year Vision
Adopted by the Board of Directors on June 27, 2011
- The Chamber supports public and private efforts to retain existing
businesses. The Chamber will work with businesses, city, county and
economic development to recruit new community-friendly business and
industries that support well paying jobs.
- The Chamber takes an active role in ensuring that the City of Napa
is the County’s premier tourism destination, retail and commercial
center. The Chamber will collaborate on countywide tourism, focusing on
cultural and performing arts, dining, conference and lodging
- The Napa Chamber provides educational programs and resources to enhance the creation, growth and success of all businesses.
- The Chamber works to ensure the sustainability of the quality of
life uniquely inherent to the Napa Valley by supporting the Agricultural
Preserve, Napa County agriculture and our world-renowned wine industry.
The Chamber supports new and innovative land-use planning strategies
that protect agricultural land and open spaces as well as the economic
viability of the wine industry.
- The Chamber will participate in the development and updates of key
City and County policy and planning documents to ensure they include
sound economic considerations.
- The Chamber supports businesses and organizations that enhance the
economic revitalization and redevelopment of our City and County.
- The Chamber supports innovative healthcare options that are affordable for all employers and employees in Napa County.
- The Chamber supports health education and prevention programs to promote wellness in our community.
- The Chamber will collaborate with nonprofit and for-profit
organizations connecting them to available resources to nurture a
- The Chamber promotes collaboration between businesses, community
organizations, and education institutions in order to prepare students
for college or vocational training and provide the skills necessary to
enter the workforce.
JOBS & HOUSING
- The Chamber supports Napa County and its five cities in their
efforts to work together with state and regional agencies to create a
balance between jobs, housing, and infrastructure.
- The Chamber will advocate for policies that support a variety of
quality residential and mixed use projects that promote transit oriented
and walk-able communities.
- The Chamber supports collaboration between the County of Napa and
its five cities to jointly fund, build and maintain affordable housing
in appropriate urban areas.
- The Chamber supports Napa County and its five cities in the
development and implementation of a housing plan that meets the needs of
our community and the requirements of state housing laws.
- The Chamber will advocate for sensible wages that are aligned with
the economic realities of employers and employees of Napa County.
- The Chamber will advocate for environmentally- and
economically-sound solutions that support our community’s transportation
- The Chamber will advocate for funding for the improvement to, and
maintenance of, Napa County and City of Napa highways, streets,
interchanges and intersections to increase efficiency and reduce
- The Chamber supports the Napa County Airport as a key component of the County’s transportation and economic infrastructure.
PROTECTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- The Chamber supports water conservation efforts as well as the
management and delivery of water resources to ensure an adequate supply
and that provides a sustainable balance for all community needs.
- The Chamber supports policies that protect and enhance the Napa
River watershed and that also provide support for agricultural
- The Chamber supports energy efficiency and the development and
delivery of locally generated renewable energy as well as policies that
enhance our energy independence and security.
- The Chamber supports programs that help our community respond to
greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets by advocating for
incentives and market-based solutions that spur investment and
- The Chamber will support and participate in processes that solve
local and regional issues through coalition and consensus building.
- The Chamber helps shape public policy through communication with its
members, the public and community leaders, and supports policies that
align with the Chamber’s Five Year Vision.
- The Chamber will oppose government mandates and regulations that
impose undue burdens and costs on private business and property.
- The Chamber supports government efficiency through economically
sustainable services and programs, and by proper management of
administrative and operational costs.
- The Chamber will actively identify, educate and endorse candidates
and public officials who demonstrate integrity, leadership and courage;
and who work to advance and advocate the Chamber’s Five Year Vision.
- The Chamber will collaborate with the Napa County Hispanic Chamber
of Commerce and the Chambers of Commerce in American Canyon, Yountville,
St. Helena, Calistoga and Lake Berryessa on issues and programs to
support a strong and culturally diverse regional business community.
© Copyright 2011 Napa Chamber of Commerce Foundation
1556 First Street | Napa, California 94559 | tel: 707.226.7455 | fax: 707.226.1171 | Email Us